Wednesday, December 30, 2009

debates within the night

Suggestions for when you know that your partner has had trouble going to sleep (mainly because they kept you awake with their tossings) and has finally drifted off to sleep, but they are now snoring with so much gusto that your nerve endings are jangling.
a. Earn you way to heaven and allow them to snore on, sacrificing your own slumber
b. Wake them up and ask them to roll over
c. Move excessively on your own side of the bed in the hope that they waken enough to cease snoring
d. Move to another room
e. Put a pillow over your head, resisting the urge to put the pillow over their head
or
f Poke them with one finger to try and break their rhythm?

Heck, I've been married for 30 years. I wake him up and threaten him with physical harm. His reply is that he doesn't snore and that I must have been imagining it.

Sometimes he:
a.Earns his way to heaven and allows me to snore on, sacrificing his own slumber
b.Wakes me up and asks me to roll over
c.Moves excessively on his own side of the bed in the hope that I waken enough to cease snoring
d.Moves to another room
e.Puts a pillow over his head, resisting the urge to put the pillow over my head
And
f.Pokes me with one finger to try and break my rhythm.

I tell him ladies don't snore, and that I must be coming down with a snuffly case of pneumonia.

We maintain the status quo, but gee, after 32 years we could both do with a really good night's sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment