Monday, January 4, 2010

did you hear, that there were snakes?












Daughter 2 and I went to the movies - we saw Did you hear about the Morgans? with Sarah Jessica Parker and Hugh Grant. It is a romantic comedy, if you could call it romantic when they were already married at the story's start. It was quite enjoyable - Hugh Grant of course played Hugh Grant. It wasn't slap stick comedy which is often what one gets from Hollywood and Sarah Jessica's clothes were quite "normal". In all it was a very enjoyable afternoon, but it shouldn't cost $41AUS for 2 adult movie tickets and 2 diet cokes. Maybe if they spent a little less on "star salaries" we might be able to go to more movies.


I though Mary Steenbergen and Sam Elliott stole the movie in some ways - they were so cool and wise. Mary looks damn good too!


A feel good afternoon. Well it was until we walked back into the foyer and there were snakes, a baby crocodile and an owl waiting there.Not for me, I hope!  A woman was standing near a table with a large snake entwined about her. On the table was a display block upon which sat a very quiet owl. At the other end of the table, another woman stood holding a baby crocodile, upon which she kept a very firm hold of its shut jaws. At least I tried to imagine that she had a firm grip on the crocodile. Reptiles are not my thing so I didn't ask any who, what, where questions. Last time we went to the movies they had baby goats. I sense a theme going on here! Life is full of surprise and discovery, I guess!






No comments:

Post a Comment