Sunday, January 3, 2010

is that a chin that you have there, or are you just happy to see me?




Being ill recently has given me down time to think about serious things. To plan changes. A journey of self discovery. I have a double chin.

This wasn't really a sudden discovery. I  didn't rise from the bed and look in the mirror to scream in horror at the sight of my own features. Well, no more than usual anyway. I have always had a double chin. Even when I was 20 years old and weighed 50 kgs. It is a genetic thing. Runs in the family. Anyway, a little extra weight and it has grown just a tweak. Maybe two tweaks. Ok it looks as though while everything else went south for the war that my 2nd set of love handles went north and settled under my jaw bone. So I am considering doing the following exercises.

Exercises for Double Chin

Everyone can correct the form and size of their chin by doing facial exercises. The secret of these exercises is that they strengthen the muscles, lift the skin and reduce under-chin fat. When you do these exercises regularly, that is once or twice daily, you can feel the first results after two weeks. And here are the exercises:
  • Sit down straight. Tilt your head back. Pull down the neck skin with your hand collarbone-high and keep holding so while you are exercising. Then pull your lower jaw forward and press your lips together. Hold in this position for 2 seconds. Then release for another two seconds and repeat again. Make 30 repetitions daily. You will feel the neck muscles and skin stretching. One doing this exercise looks like a fish in an aquarium.
  • Lie on your back with straight legs and hands on the floor near your thighs. Press your chin to your chest and hold in this position for 2 seconds. Then slowly tilt your head back, then again slowly press your chin to you chest. Make 25 repetitions.
  • Lie on your back with straight legs and hands on the floor near your thighs. Lift your head up, so that your chin is the highest point of the head, hold it for 2 seconds, then slowly release and lay your head down. Make 30 repetitions. You should feel your neck skin stretch.
What do you think? I really like the first exercise where they suggest that I pull down the neck skin and then pull the jaw foward and press my lips. If the wind changes I will look like I am constantly constipated. The description also reminds me vaguely of the old man who lives down the street, a most unattractive man. I am not sure if I will risk it after all as it may not actually improve my already beautiful features....I can always use the extra fat to keep warm this winter.

1 comment:

  1. A really wonderful program of facial exercises can be found at www.HappyFaceYoga.com. They have an easy to learn DVD available.

    ReplyDelete