Thursday, January 28, 2010

Hot HOT HOT!

It has been so hot, for so long, that it is really starting to become exhausting. I can't wait for autumn! I was pegging clothes out on the clotheslines today and husband called from his home office;

"My wife is one hot chick!"

As I had a large straw hat on, and perspiration streaming down my face I instantly knew what kind of "hot" he meant. Funny sod!  He was sitting under a ceiling fan and beside an aircooler! At that moment I was also imagining him spontaneously combusting...


Too much summer

2 comments:

  1. How hot is it? Is there humidity? And do the poor fish really cook in the ponds? (I love having overseas blogs to follow, because then on those insomnia nights, I can read new posts that show up at my 2 a.m!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hot 37C and yes so humid. No rain for weeks now. Shriveling. SIL was once fishsitting for a friend and on the morning of their return to the fish back to the house and left in the shade - owners returned to find their fish cooked white and ready to be served! The ponds have to be very deep and lots of green cover to make it through the summer.

    There is a cyclone meandering around way up in North Queensland and we may get some relief rain from it .... promises, promises.

    ReplyDelete